In order to register your Emotional Support Animal or Service Animal with the Service Animal Registry of California, you must SWEAR AND AFFIRM that the animal(s) you are registering strictly meet the definition and criteria of an Emotional Support Animal or a Service Animal for the State of California, as listed below. These are the definitions under nationwide Federal law and apply in all 50 states of the U.S.A.
Please review this list very carefully before registering.
WE OFFER AFFORDABLE REGISTRATION!
Fee is only $38.87 (up to two (2) animals)
EMOTIONAL SUPPORT ANIMAL
- Animal (may be dog, cat, bird, miniature horse, or other animal) providing comfort to an individual with a psychiatric disability, such as major depression or anxiety disorders (the animal may also be trained to perform specific tasks to assist the individual, but this is not required)
- Dog (or miniature horse) that is individually trained by either a certified professional trainer, a non-certified professional trainer, a friend, a family member, or the person with a disability, to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of an individual with a disability, including a physical, sensory, psychiatric, intellectual, or other mental disability (such as physical, developmental or psychiatric disabilities, including but not limited to autism, epilepsy, alcoholism, cancer, cerebral palsy, diabetes, drug addiction, hearing impairment, heart disease, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, and other mental illnesses or physical impairments), such tasks including any of the below, but not limited to:
- Navigation for the blind, and/or
- Hearing assistance for the hearing impaired, and/or
- Minimal protection work
- Rescue work
- Pulling a wheelchair
- Assisting with mobility
- Fetching dropped items
- Preventing or interrupting impulsive or destructive behaviors
- Reminding the individual to take medicine
- Providing safety checks or room searches for persons with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Interrupting self-mutilation
- Removing disoriented individuals from dangerous situations
- Assisting during medical incapacitation, such as during a seizure
- Alerting the individual as to a medical issue, such as an oncoming seizure or other medical condition onset
- Alerting individuals to the presence of allergens
- Other similar or related tasks
- The dog meets the following criteria:
- The dog is well-behaved
- The dog does not pose a public danger and is non-aggressive
- You have control over your dog at all times while in public
- The dog obeys your basic commands, such as sitting, heeling, waiting, down, summoning, both on-leash or (if the leash is dropped by accident) off-leash
- The dog is comfortable in public spaces and environments and is relaxed in such places
- The dog does not bark in public
- The dog is house-trained
- The dog remains under the table or lying down on a seat while in restaurants or sitting in commercial buildings
YES! By clicking below, I hereby affirm, certify and represent that the animal(s) I am registering meet the definition and criteria for either an Emotional Support Animal or a Service Animal for the State of California, as described above.
I want to register my service animal now!
SUPPORT SERVICE ANIMALS!
Click “Like” on Facebook today to show your support!
All content on this site is Copyright © 2008-2012, Service Animal Registry of California, all rights reserved. No content from this site may be copied or reproduced without the express written consent of the Service Animal Registry of California. Featured photograph is © Leloft1911. Used with permission. The Service Animal Registry of California is a division of Cabri Media and provides information related to Service Animals and Emotional Support Animals, is designed for informational purposes only and is provided strictly “as is”, without warranty of any kind. This website does not provide legal advice and the information presented is not intended as a substitute for legal advice from a qualified attorney. By accessing this website, you agree that the Service Animal Registry of California, Cabri Media, Cabri LLC, and/or their respective agents, members, owners, affiliates, or employees are not liable for any claims or damages, direct or indirect, or lost profits arising out of your use of information provided at this site, and you hereby release the aforementioned parties from any such claims or damages. The Service Animal Registry of California is not a governmental or public entity. Currently, certification or registration of Emotional Support Animals or Service Animals is optional and not required under Federal or State law.